Resident Engagement Specialist Job Openings
Please click here to review the job description.
Resident Engagement Specialist
Description: We are looking for creative and high-energy Resident Engagement Specialists to service multiple active senior & multi-family properties in the Greater Houston area. Resident Engagement Specialist is responsible for cultivating relationships with the residents, networking and connecting the residents to the community, monitoring services the residents are receiving, data entry, and reporting/record keeping. The objective is to help residents maintain a high quality of life and reach their full potential.
- Excellent candidates will work well with minimal supervision, be a rock star with multi-tasking, be excellent with attention to detail, be a team play, and communicate very timely & effectively.
- Use a solution-focused, strengths-based approach to encourage and support family participation in activities and events that increase resident engagement and community on EBH properties. Resident Engagement Specialist will also plan, coordinate, and manage monthly calendars of events.
- Develop a positive working relationship with residents by establishing rapport, trust, and appropriate boundaries.
- Empower residents to meet their own needs through education, training, and accessing services for themselves.
- Create and coordinate the distribution of flyers, monthly calendar, etc.
- Bridge relationships between EBH and community organizations that foster partnerships that support community goals.
- Develop and implement tools to gather program participant feedback and input to improve participation, outcomes, engagement, etc. Additional duties as assigned. Please note that this is not a clinical or case management role.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work closely with property management to achieve successful outcomes for residents • Experience facilitating focus groups, engagement and social connection activities, and/or advisory councils.
- Strong ability to build rapport, engage families, and communicate consistently to strengthen participation in program activities
- Flexibility in scheduling availability to meet program needs • Comfort talking with people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and coordinate activities and events
- Ability to synthesize feedback to create plans related to engagement strategy
- Skilled in creating innovative strategies to elicit engagement
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Behavioral Science, Marketing & Communications, or related field.
A combination of education and professional experience will also be considered. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with families or active senior citizens in mixed-income housing, preferred. **Strong preference for individuals who have previously worked as a Resident Engagement Specialist or Resident Services Coordinator in Supportive Services. There is one bilingual position available. Please note that some duties are performed remotely. There will be a background and drug screening for hard narcotics.
Salary: $40,000 plus monthly auto allowance.
We are excited that you are interested in being a part of the Education Based Housing (EBH) team! We are looking for compassionate Resident Engagement Specialists who will serve cost-burdened families and seniors with innovation, excellence, and integrity.